Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

New apps to try this week: Missed Call LED, Viewer for Gtalk, Unit Converter Lite, Talking Clock

New Apps

Each week I start out my day by taking a spin through BlackBerry App World to see what new apps are kicking around. I decided I'd share some of the best that I come across each week. Keep in mind I may or may not have had a chance to play around with them all just yet -- and some may not be "new" and just new to me -- but I still want to share what I've found. So check out the apps below for yourself, then drop a comment letting us know what you think. If you come across any great new apps of your own, be sure to send them my way as well!


Missed Call LED

Missed Call LED

Simple app that lets you change up the color of your LED for missed calls. Sure you can achieve this with plenty of other apps as well, but if you want to only have it for missed calls, this one gets the job done. It's dead simple to use as it only serves one purpose. There are a few colors to choose from so you can find one that fits you best. Plus it's free.

More information/Download Missed Call LED

Unit Converter Lite

Unit Converter Lite 

I'm as terrible at converting as the next guy, so I unfortunately rely on apps like this to cheat for me. Unit Converter Lite gives you over 80 categories of measurements from which to choose including science, math and business. You'll never worry about having to crank numbers in your head again. Pop out this app, plug in your numbers and you're done. Free.

More information/Download Unit Converter Lite

Talking Clock

Just what it says ... a talking clock. Tweak up the settings and the app will announce the time, day and date at an interval of your choosing. Two voices to choose from so you won't get bored and you won't have to grab your phone to check the time. This app will shout it out for you so you'll always know what time it is. Free. 

More information/Download Talking Clock

Viewer for Gtalk

Viewer for Gtalk 

If you use Google Talk on your BlackBerry then you want this app. Viewer for GTalk gives you a sweet popup for your messages that you can animate in 4 different ways. Customize the popup, text and font and you'll be a Google Talk champion in no time at all. The popup will show over any screen and even sports the senders name and avatar. Free

More information/Download Viewer for Gtalk  


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ad